Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Big News and Small Changes

3 o'clock wake up call
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 3:14

Today marks our 255th daily 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call blog post!  

When we started this in early March, I was absolutely certain God was calling me to write every day, since my alarm has been going off a 3 o’clock every day now for more than sixteen years.  I committed to this plan and promised God I’d write every day until He gave me a new assignment.  I didn’t think He’d take 255 days.

Just recently God has started moving me and the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Ministry in a slightly different direction.  It began a few weeks ago after a phone call with a self-publishing representative from the Christian publishing house, Thomas Nelson. I had approached her with the idea of publishing the first 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call Bible study. (The same one I had been pouring over with my mentor and dear friend Alice at her dining room table before she passed away in August of 2015.)  The binder of edits and advice she had given me had been collecting dust on a dark shelf and needed to be shared.

During our discussion, the publisher kept referring to it as a “book,” rather than a Bible study, and a seed was planted in my mind.  Putting the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call into book format has been something Dan and I have thought about for several years.  Life’s busyness and curveballs (… stories for another post) have always derailed our efforts, though.  Until now.

So here are a few small changes and hopes heading forward:

  • I will continue to write blogs on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  Using the other days to work on book chapters.

  • We will continue to send out text messages and push notifications to phones every day.  If you do not receive them now, you can follow a link to download our free Mobile App for iPhones or Androids by clicking here or simply text 3pm to the number 313131. This will be keeping with our ministry theme of giving God Thanks every single day.

  • Lastly, we are asking YOU to pray for us.  We need God’s presence, protection, and provisions to see His plan through.  We know He will provide.  Believe with us.  And, please continue to spread the word about the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call Movement.  The more people already on board when the book is finished, the better it will be in the eyes of a publishing company.

Thank you for being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call!  We love you and believe God has great plans for all of us.  This is the race He has called us to run, and we will do so with perseverance and faith.  We spur you on to do the same!


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!