Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving

Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. – Psalm 100:4

As I searched for a Thanksgiving Bible passage to share with you, Psalm 100 appeared as the #1 recommendation from Bible Gateway.  I find that fascinating because that is the Psalm we read at our wedding almost twenty-three years ago.  

In one of our pre-marital meetings, our pastor Mary unintentionally put me on the spot by asking me what Psalm we would like to have read during the wedding ceremony. I didn’t know any Psalms.  It was all I could do to recall a bookmark my grandparents had given me years before with Psalm 100 on it.  I couldn’t have told you what it said to save my life, but if Mama and Papa liked that Psalm, we would go with it.

After the meeting, when I unearthed a Bible and read the Psalm’s verses, I laughed out loud when I came to verse three, “We are the sheep of His pasture.” Basically we were calling ourselves sheep right before we took our vows.  If sheep are known to be one of the dumbest animals, what did that say about us? 

All these years later, I now understand why Psalm 100 was a perfect choice.  Following God faithfully and relying on His provisions has been the cornerstone of our marriage.  Out of that has grown the thankfulness that has become the mission of our 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call ministry.  We truly believe the power of thanksgiving can ignite your faith and change your life as it has for us.

This Thanksgiving, I wrote a Psalm 100 Prayer for all of us.  Please join me in prayer.

Heavenly Father,

We shout for joy to You our LORD.
May all the earth worship You today with gladness.

You LORD are our God and we are Your people.
Like sheep we often wander off and go astray, 
but You are steadfast and faithful.
You bring us back, close to Your side.

We come into Your presence with thanksgiving and 
we praise Your Holy name. 

You LORD are always good to us and 
Your love endures forever.
Your faithfulness continues through all generations.

We give You thanks and praise today and every day! 
Amen

As you celebrate Thanksgiving today with family and/or friends, be reminded that you are passing on a legacy of thanksgiving to the next generation.  Then take a moment to remember all your beloved family members already in heaven. They, like God must be so thankful for your strong faith and steadfast love. 

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!