Friday, September 1, 2017

Best Story Ever

3 o'clock wake up call
The Lord says, “I will forgive them for leaving me. I will show them my love without limits, because I have stopped being angry.” – Hosea 14:4 (ERV)

Q: What happens when you play a country song backwards?
A: You get your house, spouse, dog, and truck back.

One of the reasons I like country music so much is that many of the songs share love stories. The really good ones will sweep me away from whatever I’m doing and drop me right into the song, as if I’m watching a movie. 

I recently took my daughter to a Sam Hunt concert at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre.  Almost every song seemed to share an intimate piece of Sam’s life; falling head over heels in love, breaking up, getting back together with, and finally marrying the love of his life. Many times, my daughter and I were covered in goose bumps by Sam’s willingness to reveal is heart openly and honestly.

If you think about it, the Bible is a little like a country song: God’s people wronged Him, worshipped other gods, and broke up with Him. Still, God remained faithful. He not only forgave their abandonment, but He also promised to love them without limits (Hosea 14:4). His all-consuming love overcame His anger, and their relationship was restored to fullness. 

Country music might depict great love stories, but God’s love for you is truly the greatest love story ever told. God loved you so much that He sent His one and only son, Jesus to restore your relationship with Him. Jesus then died for your past, present, and future sins so you could be seen as blameless by God and be adopted into His eternal family.  That’s the best “break up, get back together, and love forever” story ever.

Be reminded today that God sings over you. He’s crazy about you. He longs to walk with you hand and hand. No matter what, He’s not angry with you. His awesome love has no limits. Are you so thankful?


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World


Thank You for Being a Part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!