Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Jail Break


How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? – Psalm 13:2

What negative thoughts have you stuck in a rut? What creeps into your mind on a daily basis, leaving you feeling helpless, hopeless, or hurt? These thoughts have too much power over us. It’s time to take action and fight back.



Gratitude releases us from the prison of negativity we put ourselves in. 

Let’s try it…Think of ten things you are thankful for right now. Count your blessings. List each one on a piece of paper or in your notes on your phone. Reread your list and thank God for each one. 

Done? Now answer these quick questions:
  1. Do you feel differently now? How?
  2. While counting your blessings, did you forget about your negative thoughts?
  3. Do you agree with the quote below?

“Positive minds produce positive lives, but negative minds produce negative lives.” - Joyce Meyer

Proverbs 23:7 reminds us as well that, “For as she thinks in her heart, so is she.” Our thoughts create our character and our character creates our life. What kind of life do you want? 

Before the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call from God, I was trapped in negative thought patterns every day. I never thought I’d change. I never imagined there was a way out. 

But God knew that if I simply stopped every day and gave Him thanks, I’d be released from that prison of negativity. Boy, am I thankful He came to my rescue and I’m not passing negativity down to the next generation. 

On Friday, I’ll share with you some scientific evidence that proves what God’s known all along. Gratitude is the pathway out of pain. It can get you unstuck and out of your rut. So remind yourself again what you’re thankful for. Awesome! You’re warring against negativity when you do.

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World


Thank You for Being a Part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!