Friday, September 29, 2017

The Game Has Been Won

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 
– 1Corinthians 15:57

Are you competitive enough that you even bend the rules a bit at times?  My family has accused me more than once of changing the rules at the last minute so I can win the game.  They’re crazy!  I won fair and square.

When I was a little girl, I traveled on summer vacations with my grandparents, my mom’s folks, my Mama and Papa.  Papa was a fierce card player.  As soon as we’d arrive at the cabin in North Carolina, Papa would set up the card table and chairs and pass around the card game rules.  One of my favorite games was called, Shanghai Rummy.  I loved playing it and never lost interest because each round of the game, you were in search of different cards.  One round you needed “four of a kind” to win, then the next round you needed a “five card run” to win.  How you won changed every round.

Aren’t you glad God doesn’t change the rules for victory?  Our victory has already been won by Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross.  All we do is confess with our mouths and believe with our hearts, and that’s it, we claim victory over sin and death.  Amazing!

Our victory is secure from that day forward, no matter what we do in the game of life.  We can mess up big time and God still loves us and promises us victory through our faith in Jesus.  We’ve won victory on earth and scored eternal life in heaven not because of what we’ve done, but by what Jesus did for us.  It’s hard to grasp at times but really quite simple.

Grace wins!  Thanks be to God.  I love being on the winning team!  What about you?


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank you for being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!