Friday, December 15, 2017

Stand Firm

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. – Philippians 4:6

Worry and I have spent way too much time together over the past two years.  Worry wakes me up at night to taunt me about my teenagers or remind me of what I didn’t accomplish.  Worry also distracts me during the day by rehashing past conversations that didn’t go well or projecting possible future failures.

Recently, I decided to go to war against Worry.  I wanted to share with you my Battle Plan in hopes that you will be ready to fight against Worry when it shows up uninvited in your heart and mind.  

Standing Firm - Battle Plan to Fight Worry:

  • Pray – When worry enters into your heart or mind, let it be an alarm sounding in your soul reminding you to go to God immediately in prayer.  Whatever the concerns, give them all to God first.  

1Peter 5:7 - Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 

  • Give Thanks – A thankful heart is key to fighting against Worry. Look to God’s goodness, mercy, grace, and unending love, then start counting your blessings.  Every good gift you have is from your Heavenly Father. If you need help to get started, just start with the alphabet and thank God A to Z for the good in your life or His awesome goodness. 

Psalm 100:2, 4 – Enter His presence with joyful singing! Give thanks to Him and praise His name.  

  • Fix Your Eyes on Jesus – When Worry tries to take you captive, turn to Jesus and follow His lead instead.  Walk as He walked, talk as He talked, and ask His Holy Spirit to be your guide. Whatever the Worry may be, God can use it to prepare you for His great plans. 

Hebrews 12:1-2 Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.  

These days while I’m waging War against Worry, my 3pm alarm goes off with God’s truth appearing as a message written personally for me.  You can write your own and have it repeated every day.

This is one example of a Stand Firm 3pm Prayer:

“Jesus, I give you my worries. Thank You for taking them ALL.  Fill me with your peace so I can run the race you have marked out for me. I will follow you.  Lead me on.”

I truly believe we all need our Wake Up Call from God each and every day to fight our good fight of faith.  Whatever war you’re fighting, set a personal message for yourself on your phone, so when the day is in full swing the alarm can snap out of it and help you stand firm in your faith.  


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!