Monday, December 4, 2017

Add "Trust" to your to-do list

Those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength. – Isaiah 40:31

Do you ever lose your “To Do” list, or maybe send it through the laundry? Do you ever have multiple lists, each with more tasks to complete than hours in the day?

As we move towards Christmas, responsibilities ramp up, more balls get thrown into the juggle, and additional hats need to be worn. It’s exhausting, especially when we stretch and strive in our own strength.

My husband told me yesterday that we aren’t sending Christmas cards this year because we’re all going in a hundred different directions. There’s simply no time to come together for the family photo. I laughed and told him I’d make it happen.

My kids are struggling in all different areas of life. School is hard… I’ll find a tutor. Energy is low… I’ll make protein packed dinners and buy better vitamins. Relationships are challenged… I’ll be a counselor.

No wonder I wake up in the middle of the night making more lists. As the Christmas season spirals faster and faster, I’m trying to cling to the people I love and control their lives and mine. That’s when God whispers into my soul, “Stop Laura. If I spin the earth, I can handle this.”

So if God’s got all our lists and loved ones in the palm of His hands, what are we to do? He makes it clear in Proverbs 3:5-6, our job is to TRUST Him.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.

 When the “To Do” lists multiply and your mind fills with worry, WHAT IF YOU…

  • Presented your “To Do” lists in prayer to God and asked Him to help you prioritize? Wouldn’t that invite Him into your busy day?
  • Admitted you’re exhausted and asked for God’s strength? Wouldn’t that increase your reliance on God?
  • Made an additional list of thanks and praise to God that’s longer than your “To Do” list? Wouldn’t that please God immensely and ease your mind?


That’s TRUST! Inviting God into our busy days, asking for His guidance, and relying on His strength. 

Will you trust God to make your path towards Christmas straight? When you do, your heart will awaken to why we’re celebrating in the first place. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!