Friday, November 10, 2017

Life-long Learning

3 o'clock wake up call
I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. – Philippians 4:12-13

You don’t have to be sitting in class or studying for a test to learn. We are all life-long learners. Every single day of our lives we are exposed to new things, or prompted to relearn old things we’ve forgotten.

Maybe it’s the teacher in me, but I absolutely love learning. Every week I listen to a plethora of podcasts while cleaning my house, driving the car, or making dinner. I especially enjoy studying things I’ve never encountered before. Right now, for example, I’m studying neuroplasticity, which is the brain’s ability to re-wire itself in response to new information and experiences. I’m especially interested in how we can physically change our brains in response to gratitude. Let me know if you want to talk about these ideas because I’m pretty sure my husband is sick and tired of me trying to talk like a neurologist. 

One of Paul’s most famous verses ends with “I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.”  You’ve probably seen it stenciled on a coffee mug or tattooed on a professional athlete. Taken as a whole, though, the verse is less about Paul’s strength than it is about his learning contentment.

Paul knew that whether he was hungry or well fed, God was his faithful provider. Whether he was sleeping in a palace or on a prison floor, God’s love for him never changed. And regardless of whether he was cold or comfortable, God still had good plans for him. Why? Because he knew God personally.

Like Paul, you and I will find strength through contentment when we:

·         See our circumstances from God’s perspective.
·         Set our priorities to align with God’s priorities.
·         Seek God for our source of power.

When we see God as our faithful provider, our loving Father, and follow Him into the good plans He has for us, we will also discover contentment and tap into a power source that will sustain us in all situations. Every day God is giving us experiences to help us become life-long learners of His teaching.



The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World

Thank You for Being a Part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!