Thursday, October 18, 2018

This is the Day


This is the day the LORD has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. – Psalm 118:24

If you grew up going to Sunday School, you probably remember a teacher along the way singing to you, “This is the day, this is the day, that the Lord has made.  We will rejoice and be glad in it.”  

Warning: This song works great in a Sunday School class but not so great in a teenager’s bedroom at 6:30am.  

Are you like me, in that as soon as the early morning alarm sounds, even before your feet hit the ground, your mind is already racing, scribbling down today’s “To Do” list?

Recently, I was with a group of women discussing the daily pressures we face. We decided to brainstorm ways we could create some margin in our days so we could enjoy more time with God and feel less frazzled.  I blurted out, “I could write a chapter called, “Death by To Do List!””  Everyone giggled and agreed that some days, it’s hard to rejoice and be glad when there’s more to do than hours in the day.

Many years ago, I started writing B.S. at the top of my daily To Do Lists.  (It’s not what you’re thinking. The B.S. stands for “Bible Study.”) I put God first in my day and spend time in Bible Study with Him.  It is through this quiet time that God teaches and guides me.  The days I miss my B.S., I can honestly say I rejoice much less.  

How about you?  Is spending time with God the first thing you do each day?  If not, give it a try and see for yourself how God meets you and equips you for the massive pressures each day holds.  


The Power of Giving Thanks to God Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being a Part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!