Thursday, June 28, 2018

Miracle Suit


I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. – Psalm 139:14

By far, my least favorite thing about summer is bathing suits.  Around Spring Break, when it again dawns on me that bathing suit season is right around the corner, I make a plan to start slimming down.  But somehow, summer finds me before I lose the pounds.

As I packed up the pool bag today with towels, sunscreen, my bathing suit, and a long cover up, I heard familiar voices of condemnation in my mind.  No cover up could ever cover up all that cellulite.  The people at the pool are going to notice you’re wearing last year’s suit, and they would have to be blind not to notice that it’s tighter now.

I shoved my bathing suit into the side pocket as my mind drifted back to last summer.  I’d ordered this “miracle suit” online after reading how it takes 10 lbs. off your figure (once you squeeze your body into it).  That’s pretty miraculous, I’d say. You might want to hold off on getting one for yourself, though.  I’m still waiting for my miracle.

That wasn’t the case for all the people Jesus touched.  Wherever Jesus went, miracles happened.  I’ve often thought wouldn’t have been easier if Jesus could have walked into a village, lifted his hand to heaven, and prayed for all the sick or lame to be healed in that moment.  Instead Jesus spent His moments with individuals.  One by one Jesus’ touch healed; one dying girl, one demon possessed boy, one paralytic on a mat before Him and one lying by a pool, one leper named Simon, and one desperate woman named Mary.  

One.  When God made you, He made you one of a kind.  There is no duplicate of you anywhere.  He fearfully and wonderfully made you in His image for the good purposes He planned long ago.  Have you ever taken the time to think…God could have placed you anywhere, in any time period, yet he chose your exact birthday and used your parent’s unique DNA to create what He calls a masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10).

From God’s point of view, you are His beloved, beautiful child.  He overlooks your physical flaws and looks directly into your heart (1Samuel 16:7).  Too often we focus on our cellulite, wrinkles, acne, nose, and thighs, missing the fact that God sees us fully and loves us completely.  

I’ll most likely be at the pool when my 3pm alarm sounds.  I’m pretty sure I’ll need this reminder.  How about you?  

Today’s Wake Up Call from God: You are beautiful inside and out to the One who made you in His image, for His delight. God will never criticize what He created.  He only cheers you on and sees you as a miracle.  



The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being a Part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!