Friday, February 23, 2018

Don't Hate on the Prius


From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind, from His dwelling place He watches all who live on earth – He who forms the hearts of all, who considers all they do. – Psalm 33:13-14

I was driving fast, on a mission to get to my daughter’s school as soon as possible.  School ends right at 3:00pm, so if my 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call sounds and I haven’t yet arrived, you’d better believe that after I give thanks, I’m asking God to move everyone either faster or out of my way completely.

On this particular day, my alarm sounded just as I was merging on to the highway after a much needed trip to Costco.  I zipped into the left lane and gunned it.  My daughter complains that I’m “always late,” and I didn’t want to give her any more evidence of that today.

Cruising along, I crested a hill where the view of the mountains is breathtakingly beautiful.  There is something about the majesty of the mountains that always reminds me of God’s presence surrounding my city.  As I descended the hill, I glanced at the clock.  I was going to make it!

Less than a minute later, my “I can do it” bubble was popped by a gray, electric car that zipped into my lane right in front of me.  A few seconds later, it slowed down by a good ten to fifteen miles per hour. 

Clenching my teeth, I had to slam on the brakes to avoid rear ending the little gray guy. Ugh! I quickly looked for an escape route, but the other lane was log-jammed too.  I was a mom on a mission in a gas-guzzling SUV, stuck behind a slow gluten free, free-range, electric Prius.  I had no choice but to follow it all the way into Boulder. 

Right before the exit, I glanced to my right and saw a black police car. I touched the brakes out of habit just as the officer pointed his radar gun directly at me. I read my speedometer: Bam! Right on the mark. 

Thank you little gray Prius!  I would have been an hour late by the time the ticket was written.  Thank you God!

These are the times when I think that God places angels of protection around us.  Do you ever wonder whether a delay is actually saving you from disaster or moving you closer to your destiny?  Whether someone’s words of encouragement or correction could be coming directly from God?  Or if the event that turned out so much better-than-expected perfect was guided by God’s hand?

Call me crazy, but I believe that there is so much more going on around us in the spiritual realm.  More than we can imagine.  

The Bible makes it clear that we’re constantly at war against the powers and forces of evil in the heavenly realm (Eph. 6:12). God’s word also explains that we’re blessed by Him in the spiritual realm (Eph. 1:3).  Don’t you agree that, while some blessings seem obviously divine, others are vague and difficult to recognize.

Where have you seen God’s interventions, personal touches, or gentle guidance happen in your life?  

These precious moments are when you know for sure that God is close, His power is real, and His love is everlasting.  Whether you call them “God Winks,” “Divine Encounters,” or “Wide Awake Moments,” they need to be cherished and remembered.

I challenge you to keep a running record of the evidence of God in your life.  Write down when you experience God’s grace, goodness, or love.  By keeping track of your blessings from above, you will strengthen your faith and be living proof that God is real. 

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being a Part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!