Monday, March 13, 2017

Happy Anniversary

3 o'clock wake up call
I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. – Ephesians 1:16

Today is the first anniversary of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call being online!

For the past year, from Portland, Oregon to Portland, Maine we have all been thanking and praising God at 3pm, every day! Think about it, at 3pm, across every time zone in this wonderful country we call home, you are joined by hundreds of others in looking up, giving thanks, and living out your faith in Jesus!

I cannot stop thanking God for each and every one of you who faithfully receives, reads, and responds to our Wake Up Call.  Many of you send quick encouraging comments.  Some of you have pointed out our errors (Dan’s the editor, remember) and suggested ways we can improve.  And some of you are sharing this ministry with your friends and family.  We are so grateful for all the ways you are interacting with the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call. 

Here is some exciting news!

Many people are downloading our free App from the App Store.  (Apps are not just for young people, you know.)  It’s a great way to go back and review past blog posts, and it has an online Bible and videos you can watch to encourage your faith. 

The App and our website will continue to improve.  This week, our nineteen-year-old son is finishing up an intense six-month web development training program.  We’re so thankful!  We’ve hired him to make the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call more “user friendly”.  I can’t wait to see how his newfound learning will enhance our ministry.

One of my hopes is to allow you to collect our daily thanks to God in an online archive.  Like a digital dairy with prompts to help you clearly communicate your faith journey and lessons you’ve learned from God along the way.  In this personal “vault,” your Wake Up Call stories could be archived for future generations to read and learn from your unique faith journey. 

How I wish my grandfather had written down his “faith stories.” Today, I would read them over and over, cherishing every word.

When I was growing up and my grandfather, who I called Papa (pronounced Papaw) was alive, I thought I knew everything.  I certainly didn’t need “old people” giving me advice.  Plus, their stories were boring and outdated.  I had much better things to do with my time and attention.

But today, I’d love to listen to his WWII stories, or better understand how he came to know Jesus like a best friend.  It’s unfortunate that many of us do not come to realize how valuable our grandparents’ wisdom is until we are middle-aged and they’re no longer on this earth?

I encourage you to let the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call spur you on to start collecting your faith stories.  It can be as simple as responding back to the 3pm text with one thing you are thankful for or where you are when your alarm sounds.  The texts are dated and you can look back monthly or yearly to reflect upon your blessings.

3 o'clock wake up call


By documenting your gratitude to God, you will see His powerful hand at work in your life.  Trust me.  It has changed my life.  And know, that we are working on ways for you to easily record and store these blessings through our website and App so you’ll have them forever.

I never stop thanking God for you.  I am so grateful that we are walking this life of faith together with the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call, connecting to each other every day.

Happy Birthday to Us!  Thank you God!


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!



Thank You for Being a Part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!