Friday, February 17, 2017

Because of the Great "I AM," I am...

3 o'clock wake up call
When was the last time you played a silly game that caused you to laugh your head off? Isn’t laughter such a wonderful mood lifter and attitude shifter?

My Bible Study has been learning all about Jesus’ “I Am” statements through Lysa TerKeurt’s latest study, Finding I Am.  While focusing on Jesus as our Good Shepherd, Lysa lists the real life characteristics of sheep.  She writes, “sheep are prone to go astray, have poor eyesight, follow other sheep without thinking, and are stubborn.”

As I pondered the sheep’s intellect, personalities, and behaviors, I couldn’t help think, we’re a heck of a lot like sheep.  To drive this point home.  I asked women in the Bible Study to answer these two questions: 1) How are we similar to sheep? and 2) Which sheep characteristic do you most identify with? 

We laughed out loud while sharing stories of our “sheep-ness”; how often we wander off and follow the wrong influence, particularly while shopping and spending money.  It was a silly activity but quite humbling to think about how many times our own stubbornness gets us into big trouble. 

To offset the ”We Be Sheep” cloud of insecurity hanging over our heads, I handed out the following list of who God says we are.  I asked each woman, as I ask you today, to read the list and discover which I AM statement has the greatest influence over how you see yourself.

Focus on this truth - I AM all that I AM because JESUS is the Great I AM!

Claim these truths about yourself.

I am chosen by God, holy and dearly loved. (Colossians 3:12) 
I am reconciled with God and blameless in His sight through Jesus’ blood shed for me. (Colossians 1:22) 
I am saved by grace through faith. (Ephesians 2:8)
I am called to a holy life. (2 Timothy 1:9) 
I am a child of God. (1John 3:1)
I am loved by God. (1John 4:10)
I am rescued from darkness. (Colossians 1:13)
I am forgiven. (Colossians 1:14)
I am set free. (Romans 8:1) 
I am more than a conqueror. (Romans 8:37)
I am a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17) 
I am a daughter of the King; co-heirs with Jesus. (Romans 8:17)
I am a child of light.  I do not belong to the darkness. (1Thessalonians 5:5) 
I am filled with the Spirit of God. (Romans 8:9)
I am being changed into the likeness of Jesus. (2 Corinthians 3:18)
I am confident that God will be faithful to complete the good work He began in me. (Philippians 1:6)
I am God’s masterpiece, created to do good works. (Ephesians 2:10)
I am Jesus’ friend. (John 15:15)
I am faithful. (Ephesians 1:1) 
I am blessed. (Ephesians 1:3)
I am the salt of the earth. (Matthew 5:13)
I am the light of the world. (Matthew 5:14)
I am called to bare much fruit. (John 15:16)
I am running my race of faith with endurance because my eyes are fixed on Jesus. (Hebrews 12:1-2)
I am joyful always, praying continually, and thankful in all circumstances because that is God’s will for my life. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Which I Am Statement grabs your heart and gives you a Godly confidence that you are so much more in God’s eyes than a silly sheep?  Our biggest challenge is to see ourselves the way God see us.  

Giving God thanks for who you are will begin to lift your mood, shift your attitude, and change your identity.  You are who you are because God says you are!


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a Part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!