Monday, December 12, 2016

Walk and Talk With God

3 o'clock wake up call
Jesus said, “Anytime you ask for anything in prayer, believe you have received it.” – Mark 11:24

This time of year, I’d be absolutely lost without my to-do list. I’d pick up kids at the wrong time (if at all), miss important meetings, and never even make it to the Post Office.

Last week, I wrote at the top of my to-do list: Walk and Talk with God, then shoved it in my front pocket.  Later that day, I pulled out the list to see if I could check anything off. (Because checking things off is the best part of lists!)  I could check off a lot, but not my “God time.”  It had taken a back seat to a lot of meaningless busyness. 

My 3O’Clock alarm taught me years ago how vitally important it is to pray to God every day.  Some days, I invite Jesus into the mess.  Other days, I call out for help.  On the good days, I share my overwhelming gratitude because I’ve experienced His presence and power in an amazing way.  

What started out as a one-way prayer to God has now become an ongoing conversation throughout my day.  I used to run ahead of God, then turn back and ask Him to bless my path.  Now, I rely on His guidance before I make a big decision. I have learned the hard way that trusting God is the best way.  

In the past, I only looked at the desires of my heart.  That’s sure a recipe for disaster.  Thankfully, now I look to God’s word as the lamp to my feet (Psalm 119:105). I trust in God’s promise that He has great plans in store for all of us.  Plans to give us hope and a future (Jer. 29:11). I’m often reminded when my trust wavers that nothing is impossible for God because He is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine (Eph. 3:20). All we need to do is ask and believe (Mark 11:24).

That’s easier said then done, isn’t it? 

That’s why I have to add Walk and Talk with God to my to-do list.  If I don’t prioritize it, it won’t happen.  I challenge you to do the same.  God wants to spend time with us as we race towards Christmas. “Come near to God and He will come near to you” (James 4:8).

Close to Him is where we experience amazing peace! 

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!