Friday, December 30, 2016

Trust on Every Terrain

3 o'clock wake up call
Our heart rejoices in God because we trust in His holy name. – Psalm 33:21

What do you trust?  Who do you lean on?  Do you trust your family to have your back, your best friend to keep a secret, your neighbor with keys to your house?  Do you trust your retirement account?

Who and what we trust creates pathways we walk upon day after day. I don’t know about you but I’d like to walk down paths of peace, joy, love, and goodness.  If I could order up my paths of life like fast food, I’d order a smooth road, mountain top views, detours around the swamps, and sunny weather along the way.

Unfortunately, life is full of unexpected bumps and detours.  As you look back on 2016, was your road straight and smooth or was it curvy and tough?  I’m sure we all had times of both.  What I’ve come to know is who we trust in along our journey makes all the difference in the world.

As I look back on 2016, I see all the bumps in the road and realize without God’s help, I would have driven into the swamp and been stuck if I had not trusted in Him. 

When my job position changed and my Children’s Ministry door closed, confusion could have stolen my road map.  Instead God asked me to trust Him and He opened up more time for me to focus on the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call.  Through this ministry, God has introduced me to wonderful women through Bible Study and online connections, dear women I now call friends.  Thank you God.

When our son struggled to graduate from high school, disappointment could have robbed me of all hope.  But God reminded me that His love and plans for our son is great and purposeful, therefore I could trust Him.  And sure enough, God led our son away from traditional education right into an innovative, entrepreneurial web development program, a perfect fit for his learning style.  Thank you God.

Whatever bumps you hit in 2016, I hope you can look back and see how trusting God moved you through them and led you further along in your faith journey.  It’s easy to trust God when life is predictable and comfortable.  But the real test of faith is: will we trust God from the trenches, when darkness surrounds us and disappointment dawns again?

The only way to increase our trust in God is to practice it daily.  We can strengthen our trust muscles just like we do our tricep muscles with push ups (my least favorite exercise ever). No matter what kind of roads we walk down in 2017, if we trust God to lead us and choose to walk by His side, then we will make it through any terrain and thank Him along the way. 

When we walk by faith not by sight, God will open new and exciting doors, teach us valuable lessons, and grant us joy, peace, love, and goodness in times when we least expect it.  Thank you God!


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!