Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Easter Miracle

3 o'clock wake up call“Peace be with you.”  - Luke 24:36

He is alive!  Thank God today for Jesus’ victory over the grave and how
He is mighty to save. Happy Easter 2016! 

When our teenage son tumbled a half-ton truck off a cliff near our home in Colorado, I stood with a State Trooper who, while shaking his head back and forth, said “I should be filling out a fatality report.”  With my toes on the edge of the cliff looking down at the truck, twisted and tangled in trees, I put my arm around my son, standing next to me without a single scratch, and thanked God for the miracle.

On the first Easter, I can imagine that the disciples felt a similar sense of miracle when, as they were hiding behind locked doors, Jesus appeared and said, “Peace be with you.”  Their minds couldn’t comprehend what was happening.  On Friday, Jesus had spoken His final words from the cross, “It is finished,” and breathed His last breath at 3pm.  Now only days later, there He stood breathing, talking, and showing them His scarred hands and feet.  Logically, they thought He was a ghost.

I don’t blame them at all.  When God does the impossible, it’s normal to try to put the pieces together with our limited understanding.  When miracles happen in our lives, we attempt to rationalize the likelihood of the circumstances and look for explanations other than God. 

This Easter, let’s be thankful God still does miracles today!

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank you for joining the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!