Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Bunny: Innocence Lost

3 o'clock wake up callFor the joy set before Him He endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  – Hebrews 12:2


This was the first year I’ve ever gone Easter shopping with my daughters, ages sixteen and twelve.  Until last year, the twelve year-old still believed in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.  This innocence was lost in a Target check-out line when the man in front of us announced to the clerk, “My boys are going to think Santa is the BEST this year because they’ve been wanting these Batman toys for so long!”  As our youngest slowly began to understand what had just been said, tears welled up in her eyes and she whispered, “No Santa, no Tooth Fairy, and no Easter Bunny?”  I cried a little too, because now no one in our family believed in these childhood magical visits.

I’m so thankful the Easter story is not a magical, made up story we disregard once we reach a certain age.  Unfortunately, in our country, the majority of kids who grow up in the church will leave their Christian faith in college and young adult years.  I was one of them.

But God used a simple alarm to wake me back up to His presence and love when I was a young mom.  Today, fifteen years later, my 3pm alarm is still sounding, and I’m walking in close relationship with Jesus again.

Today let’s thank God that we believe in His son Jesus, our risen Savior.  If we do, His story will change our life story for the better - forever.


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being a Part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!