Tuesday, November 6, 2018

The Gift of Reaching Out


Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father.  
– James 1:17 (MSG)

Recently I spent a beautiful morning hiking with a dear friend.  It was her birthday but, but she was the one giving me the gift of time together. Joy and laughter flowed as we talked and laughed along the trail, but I found myself questioning, “Why had it been so long since we’ve spent time together?”  I blamed our packed schedules, our kids… anything I could think of that had kept me away from my hiking companion.  

Later, as I drove home and quietness settled around me.  I realized that I was the one to blame.  I’d let so many other priorities get in the way of enjoying the gift of our friendship. I thought about all the hikes we could have shared, all the encouragement we’d missed out on, and all the love not poured out because of “busyness.”   

God has given you people in your life to treasure: people you enjoy and friends who make you stronger, wiser, and braver.  These people are gifts we can either cherish and “do life with” or take for granted and let months and years go by without enjoying each other’s fellowship.

Think of one or two beloved friends you can reach out to this week and reconnect with. Remember the love God has placed between you and schedule some time together.


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being A Part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!