Thursday, July 26, 2018

Blaze a Trail


Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm. 
– Proverbs 13:20

As you may know, I live in the mountains just outside of Boulder, Colorado. So when I leave my driveway for a hike, I have two options: go up or go down. I usually choose to go up first, so that when exhaustion sets in (as it usually does quickly), downward momentum gets me back home. 

This has been an extremely hot, dry summer, so if I don’t go out early in the morning, I usually won’t go at all. In addition, between the high altitude, intense sun, and minimal shade, I’m taking lots of shortcuts. 

If I duck into the woods, not only do I shave ten minutes off my walking time, I’m rewarded with cool shade and blooming wildflowers. Last week, I noticed that I’ve been taking this shortcut so often that I’ve worn a path into the forest floor.

It reminds me that how we walk, and who we walk with, is incredibly important to God. He tells us to walk with the wise so we will become wise and warns us not to walk with fools or we will surely suffer harm (Proverbs 13:20). 

Ask yourself, where am I walking every day? Who am I walking with? Am I walking with wise ones who know God’s truths, or fools doing whatever they see fit? Am I creating pathways in my brain that are positive, uplifting and praiseworthy? Or is negativity holding me back?

Yes, you have the opportunity to choose the trails you blaze. This week, be a trail blazer that pleases God!


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World

Thank you for being a part of The 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!