Wednesday, May 23, 2018

No Matter What


The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. 
– Psalm 103:8

Are you a “people watcher” like me? 

While waiting at school to pick up my daughter, I love watching all the students and teachers come and go. While shopping at the mall, I focus more on those around me than on what’s in the store windows. If I went to a World Series baseball game, I’d probably spend more time watching the fans than the field.  

Recently, while having lunch at a local diner, I watched a little three-year-old girl, complaining to her father. She shouted, “NO Daddy, I won’t eat that. Yuck! You can’t make me!” Then she jumped down from the table, ran a few feet away, plopped down on the ground, and pouted. 

Without an ounce of anger or frustration, her father calmly walk over, knelt down, scooped her up in his arms, placed her on his shoulder, and lovingly carried her back to where she belonged. I was spellbound, thinking to myself … 

How many times have I complained to God yet He still compassionately shows His love to me? Too many times to count.

The little girl at the diner reminds me of the prodigal son in Luke 15. Blatantly insulting His father, the son took his inheritance and spent it all on “wild living.” When the money ran out, he came to his senses and returned home. His father, who had every right to teach him a lesson, didn’t criticize, but instead chose to show his son compassionate love. 

God is the same with us. His love is constant, on both our good days and our bad. Even when we complain, pout, or throw a temper tantrum, our father in heaven doesn’t stop loving us. Nothing we do or don’t do changes God’s unconditional love. 

Take a few moments today and imagine a time in your life when you know you went against God or walked far away from Him. Imagine Him scooping you up into His loving arms and gently calming you with His compassion. 

Thank God that He is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love (Psalm 103:8).




The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World

Thank you for being a part of The 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!