Friday, March 9, 2018

Join Our Walk Through John


Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, 
He gave the right to become children of God – children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.  
- John 1:12-13

Come with me on an Easter excursion! Over the next 21 days, we’re going to be reading through the 21 chapters of the Book of John – one chapter a day. By the end, we’re going to have a deeper and more confident understanding of who Christ is and who we are as His followers. 

Today is Day One, so let’s start out with chapter one, where John tells us of the incredible gift God gives each of us when we believe in His son Jesus: 

All who received Him (Jesus), to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12).

When we believe, we are children of God! I can’t think of a better gift.

Belief is a great place to start our walk through John. When did you first believe Jesus was God’s own son, sent to be your savior? Can you remember when the light bulb went off and you knew for certain that Jesus was real. That He had died for you?

I’ll never forget attending a Women of Faith conference several years ago with a friend and her grown daughter. That her daughter had agreed to go surprised me, because she’d previously openly expressed her disbelief in God. As the Pepsi Center came alive with the loud music and bright lights of the worship band, and people raised their voices and hands in praise, the look on her face said “Where in the world am I?”

Several years later, this same woman started asking me and her mom questions about our faith. I invited myself over to her house and we started to walk through the Bible with a few other women. I called the study “Jesus 101.” 

Weeks into the study, she called me. Skipping past the usual phone greetings, she screamed into my ear only two words: “HE’ S REAL!” Over and over she repeated her newfound truth. All I could say as tears rolled down my face was, “I know. I’m so thankful you do too.” Watching someone’s faith come alive is such a beautiful gift!

Today, take a moment to remember that those who believe in Jesus are immediately adopted into God’s family. Yes, you are a daughter or son of the King! You can thank Jesus for your royal inheritance on Earth and in Heaven.
How would you finish this sentence in your own words? 
Thank you Jesus because you …


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!