Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Tug of War

3 o'clock wake up call
There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD.
 – Proverbs 21:30

Do you ever play tug of war with God?  You loosen your grip on an area of your life, but then quickly grab it back from Him.  Because who knows what needs to be done better than you do?

I play this game with God all the time. I trust that He’ll keep my three teenagers safe, but track them on their phones day and night.  Every week, I lose hours of sleep playing tug of war with God.

I used to think that it was a lack of trust that kept me tugging.  But recently, I’ve come to think that it may instead be a lack of understanding.  

By this, I mean that although I may often thank God for his “limitless power,” I don’t fully understand it, so I sometimes have trouble fully relying on it.

What keeps us from understanding God’s power?  Could it be that:

  • It’s easier to let our complicated circumstances obstruct our view of God’s invisible power at work in the background?
  • We equate God’s unlimited power with our own very limited “manpower,” selling short His ability to take control?

God gave John a glimpse into heaven so he could reveal His power to us in the Book of Revelation:

Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty.  Just and true are your ways, King of the ages.  Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy.  All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed. – Revelation 15:3-4

These passages highlight that God is…

great, marvelous, almighty, 
just, true, righteous, 
king forever, alone holy, 
worthy to be praised by all nations.

God’s power has no end.  It is infinite, everlasting, and more than capable of caring for all His children.  So let’s drop the tug of war rope.  God’s got this.


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a Part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!