Monday, June 19, 2017

Patience in Time

3 o'clock wake up call
Wisdom gives patience. – Proverbs 19:12

Here’s a tough question: are you a patient person?  Most of us would answer “yes.”  But think back to the last time you were stuck in traffic or a slow moving line.  How did you handle it?

I’ve come to realize that my level of patience is directly related to the amount of time I have available.  If I’m in no hurry, I’m content to move along at the speed of the crowd.  If I’m running late (as my husband often accuses me of), then my time in line is a toe-tapping, watch-checking nightmare that ends up feeling like it took twice as long as it actually did.  

Andy Stanley’s Breathing Room sermon series takes on the concept of how we prioritize what’s important in our busy lives.  A sign that you’re missing the mark, he says, finding yourself saying things like “I might be 15 minutes late,” and
“I’ll probably have to leave a little early.”

Ouch.  I say those things way too often. Do you?

In Psalm 90:12, Moses asks God to teach him to number his days to gain a heart of wisdom.  Acknowledging that our human lives are brief, he is praying for help in maintaining a more Godly perspective on time. I feel like we should be praying for this too.

Our summer calendars can quickly become overscheduled to the point where in doing so much, we are actually living very little.  What needs to move to the top of your priority list?  What needs to fall off your schedule so that your time is spent on what’s really important? If you could pick only three things to focus on this summer, what would they be?

“Remembering our time is limited gives us the wisdom to know how to spend our limited time.” – Andy Stanley

God is the only one who knows the number of our days, He wants us to use each one of them wisely.  Prioritize after asking for God’s perspective, then enjoy your limited time wisely.


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a Part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!