Thursday, April 26, 2018

2 or 3 Together - Armor of God Part 2: Battle Ready


Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then … Ephesians 6:13-14

As you read the verse above, what popped into your mind as the part of your life where you need to make a stand?

STAND! When God repeats Himself, He’s calling us to wake up and listen.  His message is loud and clear. In the face of evil, darkness, or despair, we’re to stand strong, clothed in His Armor. 

Some things are harder to stand up to than others, though.

When the battle only involves me, I’m much quicker to take my stand. But if someone I love is under attack, my emotions send me on a judgment-clouding roller coaster ride.

Raising three teenagers over the past seven years has been one heck of a roller coaster ride. I know I bought the ticket, but while holding their little hands and staring at their innocent smiling faces, I didn’t really know what kind of ride I was boarding. At this point, I’ve lost track of how many times my phone has been the bearer of bad news. 

A few things I’ve learned along the way are:

  • God’s light is always available to shine in darkness, if you’ll invite Him into the mess. 
  • When your love isn’t enough to fix things, God will remind you that He loves your loved one even more than you do. 
  • When you trust God more than you’ve ever trusted before, He’ll show up and prove Himself trustworthy.   
  • He’s moved the mountains before. He can do it again. 

Last week, I gave you this list of the pieces of God’s Armor in order to make you “Battle Ready.” This week, we’re going to link Biblical truth to each one.

  • Belt of Truth – Buckle God’s truths around your waist and ignore the enemy’s lies. Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” – John 8:31-32
 Thank you God that knowing Your truths sets me free.

  • Breastplate of Righteousness – Slide it on to protect your heart from the temptations of today’s culture. Righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. – Romans 3:22 
Thank you God for purifying my heart. 

  • Shoes of Peace – Put them on and walk in peace following Jesus. The peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:7 
Thank you God for your gift of peace. 

  • Shield of Faith – Grab it, lift it up, and confidently fend off the the enemy’s attacks of criticism and doubt. I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes ... the righteous will live by faith. – Romans 1:16-17 
Thank you God for encouraging and strengthening my faith. 

  • Helmet of Salvation –Strap it on and protect your mind from toxic thoughts that can hijack God’s plan for you. The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. – Zephaniah 3:17 
Thank you God for saving me and renewing my mind every day. 

  • Sword of the Spirit – Your only offensive weapon is God’s Word! Believe it, speak it, pray it, and use it against the enemy. For the word of God is alive and active. Shaper than any double-edged sword. – Hebrews 4:12
Thank you God that your Word has power to change me and my life. 

Unfortunately, as long as we live, the battle won’t end. But if we go into battle with the One who defeated the grave, then our faith gets stronger as we stand our ground, strong in the light of His glory. 


2 or 3 Together:

1. One Mountain - What is “one mountain”, one trial, problem, or challenge you need God to move in your life? 

2. One Piece - Which piece of God’s Armor do you sometimes forget to put on? How can you remember to put it on to fight with God to move the mountain?
3. One Stance - How else can you STAND your ground, strong, and brave every day to fight against evil, darkness, or despair?

4. One Praise – Thank God for His crazy love and trust Him … if He’s moved the mountains before, He can do it again. 

5. One Song – Download this song and listen often. 
Do It Again! By Elevations Worship


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World

Thank you for being a part of The 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!