Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Peace at Warp Speed


Jesus promised, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. 
In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” 
– John 16: 33  

We live in a “microwave age.” If we need information, it is one click away on our phone. If we’re hungry, we want to grab food and go. And when we’re in a hurry, which seems to be every day, we want everyone around us to speed it up and get out of our way. We wonder, “Don’t they have places to go and people to see?”

Jesus lived during a time when meat was slow cooked over a fire and people lounged at the dinner table for hours. I imagine it must have been a lot easier for His disciples to relax and wait than it is for us today. 

Imagine Jesus walking around with you during a typically crazy day.

Would He heal, help, and love those around you? Would He invite you to slow down and sit awhile with Him? Would you experience His peace in the midst of chaos?

Hebrews 13:8 tells us, Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever. So the answer is YES. Jesus would meet us right in the middle of our chaos and change the course of our days. Boy, could I use that!

It seems to me that every day ends with an uncompleted “To Do” list. I’ve checked off a few things, but a lot remains undone. I didn’t get around to calling her back so we could make plans. The pharmacy will call again tomorrow reminding me to pick up the medication. And I forgot to call to set up the repairs our refrigerator needs. So many calls to make; but not enough hours in the day to make them.

That’s why I’m so thankful that Jesus calls me every day through my 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call. 

Faithfully and consistently, every day at 3:00pm my alarm and phone remind me that no matter how busy I am or what mess I’ve gotten myself into, Jesus is still with me and God still loves me. Being reminded of these everlasting truths, brings peace into the middle of my day. I hope it does for you too. 

The pace of our culture keeps getting faster and faster. Busyness is our reality, and exhaustion is often our constant companion. But Jesus’ desires haven’t changed over two thousand years. He wanted His disciples to experience the supernatural peace He provides. He wants the same for us today. 

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank you for being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!