Saturday, July 9, 2016

Listen and Learn When The Wise Rewind

Celebrate God all day, every day.  I mean revel in Him! – Philippians 4:4 (MSG)


This summer I have had the amazing opportunity to eat lunch with women who are more “seasoned” than me.  I marvel at their stories of what life was like growing up in the 1940’s and 50’s.  The changes that our country has seen in the last 60 – 70 years blows my mind.  Their life stories are filled with love, loss, sickness, health, and the challenges of aging.  Yet, each one of them is able to point out how God’s blessings have followed them throughout their lives.  As we eat, toast, and celebrate God, I imagine Him in heaven, smiling down on our lunch table.

When I’m sitting across from these women, listening to their awe of what God has done for them, time slows and I am comforted in knowing that God is good.  Generation after generation God loves His children, protects and provides for them: through wars, divorces, deaths, and even raising teenagers.  These women give me hope that my life won’t always feel like a crazy roller coaster.  They steady me with their strong faith.

We can celebrate what God has already done in our lives and look hopefully into the future, knowing that He never changes.  He will continue to bless our lives and place people in our paths we can share our faith with.  Raise your glass and toast God today!

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!