Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Take Your Thoughts Captive

Take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. – 1 Corinthians 5:10

Yesterday, I shared with you how my husband set the alarm for 3pm on a watch he gave me, and that because I couldn’t shut it off, the alarm continued to go off every day for weeks.  It was annoying at first, but then something changed. 

No matter where I was with my two young kids; the park, the grocery, or at home, the same negative thought patterns scrolled through my mind.  Repetitive and invasive mind games consumed me.  One minute I’d be comparing my life to someone else’s and feeling defeated.  The next minute I’d be resenting his words and wrapped up in blooming bitterness.  Then I’d replay scenes from my past and let anger explode again.  Trained as a teacher, I knew that what I modeled, my kids would become. No way did I want to pass down such a destructive, negative attitude.  Something had to change…

How about you?  When your alarm goes off at 3pm or you receive the 3O’Clock Wake Up Call email or text, what is usually going through your mind?  Is it worry, fear, comparison, jealousy?  Or is it thankfulness?    

Question: Do you struggle with negative thought patterns?  Do you feel stuck?  Please email me if you’d like to share.

Remember that the enemy comes to kill, steal, and destroy but Jesus came to give you an abundant life (John 10:10).  An abundant life is not built on critical thoughts, worry, or fear.  It is built on believing you are saved, loved, gifted, and empowered by God to accomplish the plans He has for you.  

Many times we are our own worst enemy because we fill our minds with self criticism and let negative thoughts consume us.  Destructive thought patterns are like a bad song that plays over and over again until we believe the lying lyrics.  

Today, thank God you are saved, loved, gifted, and going in the direction He has planned for you.  Let these powerfully positive thoughts push out all negative ones.  

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!